So many people out there will agree with me that after a while of using Windows OS you start to get bored with the default yellowish-brown folder color and unfortunately Windows doesn’t give you any option to change it. Well, now you can now change that.
Steps for changing folder color
- Firstly, download a software called folder colorizer from here .
- Secondly, click on the downloaded software to start the installation process. During the installation process, make sure to untick this box asking to install CleanMyPc on your laptop.
- After the installation process, it might seem like nothing happened because you wont find any new icon on your desktop but don’t worry. All you have to do is to go to a folder and right-click on it and you’ll find a new item named ‘colorize’ has been added.
- Use the colorize option to select your preferred color option. Sometimes, you may have to refresh to see the change. If you’ve changed the color previously, it also gives you the option of restoring the folder to the windows default folder color.
- If you aren’t satisfied with the colors available by default, you can go to the last item on the menu named ‘colors’ to add more colors. And that’s all you need to do to change folder icons on your windows PC. A sweet thing about the software is that its free, light, easy to use and has no effect on the performance of the PC.