Important things to note before flashing
they are few important things to note before flashing any firmware so as to avoid bricks of the device. some are listed below
- Ensure you don’t flash the wrong preloader i.e try to know the build number and the variant of the firmware you are flashing. please read this post by hovatek team or that by romkingz.net.
- Ensure you have at least 30% to 50% battery charge so as to avoid half flash
- please ensure you backup your important file before flashing eg contact, sms and media file (phone, music, and videos)
Procedure for flashing Samsung Device
- Download and extract Samsung flash file on your Computer. After that, you will find Firmware inside the folder. Now open Odin Downloader Tool and click on AP button in Flash Tool then select the downloaded Firmware.
- Install Samsung Android USB Driver on your Computer (skip it if the driver already installed). Now boot your device into download mode by hold pressing Home + Volume Down + Power button together. For continuing press Volume Up button and connect the device to the Computer using USB then click on the Start button in Flash Tool.
- The flashing process will begin now and wait until during the downloading time. It can take up 5-10 minutes at this time don’t disconnect your device from the computer. After done you will see Pass! message in Odin Downloader.
See Download link below;
Download link for Samsung S9 (G960U):
Android 8: Samsung S9 (G960U): G960U1UEU1ARBG_G960U1OYM1ARBG_XAA.zip(3.4G)
Download Link for Samsung S9+ (G965U):
Android 8: Samsung S9+ (G965U): G965U1UEU1ARBG_G965U1OYM1ARBG_XAA.zip (3.5G)